Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Auto Repairs

Nothing rattles my independence and confidence as much as car trouble. As soon as the issues arise I start to wonder how much it will cost, how long it will take and how I will manage life while the repairs happen. I don’t have the knowledge to make the decisions easily and I don’t have easy access to backup transportation. I survive the car issues and the repairs but first it knocks me back a bit. Last week I noticed my temperature gage rising to the danger zone when I would stop at a traffic signal. I made a couple of phone calls and took my car to the shop closest to my home where he informed me, after having my car overnight, that it was bad news and would cost me $1400. OUCH! I decided that this deserved a second opinion. Dale suggested another repair shop and helped me get the car moved. The second repair shop did agree that I needed a new water pump but didn’t see the need for all of the other repairs. I got my car fixed for less than half of the first estimate. It felt good to get the car back into the garage and forget about the car problems. Things like this always make me wonder how much longer I should drive my Honda and how I will know when that time comes. But I won’t worry about that now that I am back on the road.

2 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh no!! Even though your car broke on the way to our lunch date, I hope you will still contijue to make them with me :)

Mobile Mechanics said...

If you want to be sure that you have good auto repair, you need to take a little time to choose a company.