Sunday, October 4, 2009

Home on the Range

Dale and I have spent the last couple of weekends pretty close to home. We hung out at his house or mine after dealing with my car repairs and my dying refrigerator. Yes, after I had dried my tears over the car problems and paid the bill, I came home to find that freezer was no longer working at my house. When the repair man arrived a couple of days later he pronounce it "not worth fixing!" It was less than ten years old but giving out quickly. So this weekend Dale and I got to move appliances together for the first time. It went smoothly but I am still sad about my refrigerator. I really did like it.
So what does that have to do with buffalo? Not much but we did leave the city for a while this Saturday. After watching the Drake Bulldogs win a football game we headed to Prairie City which is just a short drive east. First we went to check out the newly named "Best Tenderloin in Iowa" at Goldie's Ice Cream Shop. I think that the Iowa Pork Producers chose well. It was a great tenderloin and a wonderful small town establishment. Since we were so close to the Neil Smith Wildlife Refuge we took a drive out to see the buffalo herd. We have been out there many times but this was the first time that I saw the buffalo so close to the car. It was sunset and the colors of the prairie grasses were beautiful. The animals are huge and it was amazing to see them up close. I just love Saturday!

No comments: