Sunday, September 6, 2009

Bulldogs and Cubs

It has been a weekend filled with sporting events which is great! I don't much like watching sports on TV but I do love going to the games. Even after watching my nephew, Jake play football on Friday I was anxious to watch the Drake Bulldogs play their first football game of the year on Saturday night. We were surprised when we had to stand in line to get tickets because typically there is not a crowd. This game was against Grandveiw, another Des Moines College so there were lots of fans for both teams. I love sitting outside in the perfect weather, watching the game and watching people. It's always good people watching when a crowd gathers! It was fun to watch Drake win too.
I was offered free tickets to the Iowa Cubs game, so on Sunday we headed to Principal Park one last time for the season. It was another gorgeous day and the I-Cubs won. It seems that every sport has stretched their season. I think of summer for baseball, fall for football and winter for basketball and hockey, but the seasons do blend. Right now we are in the baseball/football season. Dale and I have at least two more baseball games planned for September and plenty of football too. It will be lots of fun!

No comments: