Friday, September 25, 2009

Lighthouses

Years ago my kids bought two coffee table books for me. One was about ballparks and the other filled with photos and information about lighthouses. They chose well. I still love ballparks and lighthouses!
On our recent Great Lakes vacation, Dale and I visited and photographed many lighthouses. I lost track along the route but as I look at the photos I have counted seventeen lighthouses on this trip! That is seventeen separate locations along the shores of Lake Erie, Lake Huron, Lake Superior and Lake Michigan. There are similarities of shape and colors but they each have their own distinct character too.

Here are a few photos, but not each and every one. I do not want to clog up the internet with too many photos. I also realize that people will get bored and quit looking after the first dozen or so. One interesting thing that I discovered with my lighthouse photography is that I need to pay more attention to the level lines. I have a few images that look like the the lighthouse is tilted. . . but you may have already noticed that! So much to think about with photography, but most importantly I enjoyed the sights, the water and the sand. I remind myself to set aside the photography to enjoy the moment and the experience. The chilly water of the Great Lakes on my feet was a good way to do that.


No comments: