Friday, June 12, 2009

Sidewalk Chalk

This Spring when I looked for my sidewalk chalk I couldn't find it. For many years I have always had a little bucket of chalk in the garage, but I guess I gave it away when I moved. I have loved sidewalk chalking with my kids, my nieces and nephews and even my sisters. Although there are no kids around, I decided to go buy some and continue to enjoy that simple summer pleasure. Today I got off work at noon, read by the pool for a while then pulled a few weeds before deciding it was a good day to break open my box of chalk. It was fun, like a new box of crayons with exciting colors. Now it's raining. That's probably good news. I will have a fresh clean palette soon. I really love to draw flowers, houses and people too. We used to draw the earth then surround it with people hand in hand. Maybe I will try that when the rain dries up!

No comments: