Sunday, June 21, 2009

Drive-In Theater

It's been years since I went to a drive-in movie theater. We are lucky enough to have a functioning and well run drive-in just thirty minutes from home in Newton. Dale and I have talked about going to the Valle Drive-in so we have been checking the showings this summer. Saturday night seemed like the right time. We saw Disney's "UP" and it was very good. The drive-in was full of young families, mini vans and SUVs. It was so cute to see the little kids in their jammies and tiny lawn chairs. It reminded me of going to the drive-in as a child of the sixties in my jammies. I took my kids to drive-ins when we lived in Mason City and in Cedar Falls, but are now closed. I am glad that they had that experience in childhood. It's pretty cool that there still a few drive-in theaters out there for us and younger generations to enjoy.

No comments: