Monday, June 15, 2009

Grilling Kabobs

My grill has seen better days. It's seen better years! The oval shaped piece in the bottom that distributes the gas/heat/flame has a huge leak on the right side. It's not really a grill but a flame thrower on one edge with warming capabilities throughout.
I could fix it, replace the piece, but the last time that happened I was reduced to tears with tools in hand. I just do not enjoy that! I am not very mechanical so I make it work by rotating the food while cooking, which works well most of the time.
Friday night I made these chicken kabobs and asparagus on the grill. Both were longer than the foods that I usually grill. It was a challenge to move the hot metal skewers, especially the end that was over the flame shooter. No pot holders or oven gloves were damaged but it was risky. The meal was delicious but if you look closely, the ends are charred and the middle section is a bit pale! The meat was completely cooked even if it was very uneven cooking. It was actually a very tasty meal, considering the limitations of my crippled grill.

No comments: