Monday, June 21, 2010

Major League Baseball Parks

I do love ball parks. The atmosphere is wonderful; the sights, sounds and flavors! The game is entertaining and so civilized. It's just a great place to be. I started out in Minneapolis visiting the Metrodome when the kids were little. Then when traveling I would check out the baseball schedules. I took the kids to Yankee Stadium and Busch Stadium; both gone now, but I have added the new parks to my to-do list. We saw the Colorado Rockies play during their inaugural year but haven't been to their current ball park. Now when I travel, I try to find opportunities to visit more. Dale has been very willing to visit ball parks with me so we have seen quite a few together, three this year already. The baseball collection started out as Jay's. I would buy him a baseball and buy Ashley a team teddy bear at each park. She lost interest in the bears and Jay lost interest in the ball parks. He finally told me that I could keep his baseballs because I liked them better. So I continue to buy myself a baseball at each new ball park and will continue to collect more baseballs. I would think I was getting close to visiting half the teams but then they build new ball parks and that means more on my to-do list. I do love my baseball collection and display them at home. They are fun souvenirs.

No comments: