Saturday, June 5, 2010

Como Zoo

I have always loved Como Zoo in St. Paul Minnesota. As a child I remember sitting on the large turtle when my parents took us to the zoo. I took my children to the Como Zoo many times. They no longer allowed children to sit on the turtle but we always enjoyed the zoo. This photo of Jay and Ashley is from 1987. Last Sunday, Dale and I visited Como Zoo and although there were lots of changes, I smiled when I saw this same gorilla sculpture still in the same spot. My disappointment was that the polar bear display was closed. It reopened a couple of days after we were there. The polar bears were always my favorite, so I guess I will need to go back again.



The zoo was very busy on Sunday with lots of small children and many strollers. It really made me smile to remember that I had pushed a stroller through the same zoo over twenty years ago. The people crowded in for the Sparky show just like we did in the 80s. It was so fun to be in the Twin Cities again after so long.

No comments: