Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spring Break Season

I have some great memories of Spring Breaks. When I was a kid we never traveled for Spring Break but when my kids started school I did take advantage of the week long break to travel and get away from the last days of Iowa winters. Now that I do not have kids in school, Spring Break is much less relevant.
There were a couple of trips to Florida when the kids were little, but San Diego quickly became a family favorite for Spring Break. Ashley and I enjoyed walking along the beach or biking on the boardwalk. Jay enjoyed laying on the balcony of the hotel room listening to the radio with headphones. We did explore Sea World and La Jolla but enjoyed much of our time near the Catamaran, our favorite place to stay.
I offered each of them a trip; just the two of us, when they graduated. Jay replied, "With you? No thanks!" Aren't sons wonderful? He did save me lots of money on that one! Ashley took me up on the offer. We traveled to Puerto Vallarta for Spring Break during her senior year of high school and to the Bahamas for her senior year of college. They were both great trips. I bought the necklace in the photo from a man named Pablo on the beach in Mexico. It's a nice souvenir and memory of the warm sun and wonderful relaxation.

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

Very cool necklace! I would wear one like that!

Trav