Monday, March 9, 2009

Home of the Braves


Saturday was our day in Atlanta. We had a few things on the list including the state capital, Centennial Olympic Park and The Varsity, World's Largest Drive-in. It was fun to see those things and I expect that Dale will blog about them in more detail with photos when he gets caught up. For me the best part of the day was our visit to Turner Field, home of the Atlanta Braves. This is the first time that I have visited a MLB park and not been able to watch a game, but the season doesn't start until April and we were in Georgia now. So we took the tour and got to see the ball park. It's very different without the fans, food vendors, music and game, but we got a feel for the park and their traditions. Behind us in this photo you can see the huge coke bottle that shoots fireworks after a home run or win and the new Chick-fil-A cow that does the chop with the fans. I have decided that this visit does count as one of my trips to a ball park so now I have visited 11 MLB parks and have a baseball from each one. It was a good day in Atlanta.

No comments: