Sunday, March 29, 2009

Early Spring Gardening

My garden work has started! Last weekend I started some seeds that I had collected last fall. I filled tiny clay pots and a cardboard egg carton with soil and seeds. They are lined up on a retired cookie sheet near the window in the guest room. A few have started to sprout.

This project allows me to "medicate" my spring fever and save money at the same time. I also enjoy the idea of starting tiny seeds and seeing flowers mature this summer. This is one of those things that I loved to do with my children when they were little; one of those things that I decided I would enjoy doing again even now that there are no children in my home. It's like stomping in rain puddles. I have discovered that it's still fun to do, even if everyone is all grown up.

No comments: