Saturday, March 14, 2009

Homeward Bound

As we head northwest toward Iowa, the weather is changing. I took this photo yesterday as we drove through the Appalachian Mountains in Tennessee. It was raining lightly and 36 degrees. The ice on the trees was left from the previous night. The roads were not slippery but it was a kick of reality. These were the first raindrops of the trip but the sun did peek out later in the day.
I wore my flip flops for nine days, but probably should have worn them just eight days! Today I pull out the shoes and socks as we head closer to home but I will enjoy the tan line from the flip flops, a reminder of the warm sunshine and gorgeous ocean beaches. It has been a wonderful vacation in every way but it's time to head back to our reality!

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

this photo makes me feel cold and wet!