Monday, March 9, 2009

Nascar Fans?

This is a Nascar fan, one of my favorites! I do love several Nascar fans; my brother, brother-in-law and a couple of nephews. (My son is NOT a Nascar fan!) Although I was disappointed when I found out that Dale was truly a Nascar fan, I have adapted well. Sunday I went to my second Nascar Sprint Cup race. Dale and I spent nine and a half hours at Atlanta Motor Speedway. It was a fun day together, even if it was a race.



This is a fan couple, both of them completely decked out in their favorite gear. The man is obviously a fan of the #18 M&M car. Although it's difficult to see through the Nascar backpack, the woman is dressed completely in #48 gear. These are serious race fans who seem to be buying more Nascar products.


This is a fan and one in training. The mother and son were dressed in matching gear for #88. The little boy showed little interest in the race or in his ear protection. He took them off for most of the race. I would worry about hearing loss. This is one loud event!!




These are NOT Nascar fans!!
My friend, Karen drove down from S.C. on Sunday to meet up with us at the race. She had never been to a race and has never been a fan, but Karen and I had not seen each other for almost ten years so she was willing to brave the Nascar scene so that we could get together. It was great to see Karen and talk (yell) with each other. Once Karen got the proper ear protection she was set for the big race. We need to protect our hearing! I should have done a better job of protecting my skin, but missed my chest when applying my sun screen. Thanks for coming, Karen! It was great to catch up.

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

you should know by now to ALWAYS apply to your chest!
Its fun seeing a picture of you and karen together :)