Monday, September 22, 2008

Zoom at the Zoo

Sunday afternoon I went to the Blank Park Zoo with Dale, his new camera and his very nice zoom lens. We had been looking forward to getting to the zoo with the ability to zoom in on the gorgeous animals to get better photos. I have enjoyed volunteering at the zoo since I moved to Des Moines and have often taken my camera to attempt to capture the beauty of the animals. The frustration is that it is difficult to get close enough. Because Dale is so generous, I got to take lots of photos on Sunday. I am especially fond of the giraffes and have volunteered as a giraffe feeder in the past. The photo is of the new baby giraffe framed by the necks of two adults. Dale took the photo of the tiger at the bottom. His image was much sharper than mine, so the credit for the tiger goes to Dale. We want to get to the zoo more often next year!












1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

i love the zebra picture!