Sunday, September 14, 2008

Electronic Hiking

I love to hike in the woods, especially in the spring and fall. Dale has been willing to take me hiking, but traipsing around in the woods is not usually his favorite activity. I think that we have found a compromise on this. Dale loves electronic things. Geocaching has been defined as hide and seek for geeks. This means that we can "hike" in the woods with a GPS in hand while searching for tiny hidden caches. There are also caches in residential, rural and urban areas, but I do like the woods.


Dale took this photo when we were out geocaching after work one night this week. I am near the banks of Gray's Lake while he is on higher ground near a huge tree with a very impressive root system. It seemed like the perfect place to hide a cache and I was happy to climb down the bank with the help of the sturdy roots. Unfortunately we did not find the cache but I did enjoy getting a little muddy and exploring the woods off-trail at Gray's Lake. We have walked there often, but never gotten this unique veiw of the area. This could be lots of fun!

No comments: