Sunday, September 21, 2008

Saturday at the Track

Travis, Ashley, Dale and I headed out to Prairie Meadows Racetrack on Saturday night. It was the first time for Travis and Ashley so it was fun to show them around. Dale and I go out a couple of times a year. We always enjoy the atmosphere and appreciate the beautiful horses. We will sometimes place a $2 bet after checking out the horses in the paddock area. I like to look at the muscle, attitude and energy of the racehorses then just pick one. I chose horse #5 and the guys chose other horses. Mine was a long shot, but I got lucky! It was an exciting race with a photo finish. My horse won! The money we won was enough to go out for ice cream. We ended the evening at Snookies, a local ice cream icon in Des Moines. It was a great Saturday night with perfect weather for the outdoor activities. Sunday we had a chance to try geocaching (my electronic hiking) before we had lunch and the kids headed home. I just love it when they come to visit. Thanks for a great weekend, Ashley and Travis!

No comments: