Saturday, August 25, 2012

Des Moines Favortites

Last weekend I was in Des Moines with Dale and we were able to hit many of my favorite spots. Above is the Saturday morning downtown farmers market. We also made it to the zoo, twice! It's a great place to go for a walk and enjoy the animals with these cooler summer days.

I love going to Trader Joes even if I don't need anything. I am usually able to find something I need!
We tried twice to get to an I-Cubs game at Principal Park but it didn't happen We had a schedule issue and a rain delay. It's still one of my favorite places
 Gray's Lake is another favorite spot. We didn't walk around the lake this summer but a rented paddle boat is a great way to get out on the water.
 Patio dining is a favorite of mine. It always feels a bit like vacation whether it's a sausage sandwich at Mullets, Mexican on Jordan Creek Pond or breakfast at Wellman's on Ingersoll. The weather was perfect for patios and so many other outdoor activities.

The Fleur is a favorite theater in Dale's neighborhood and it's always a treat to find a movie. In the six years that I lived in West Des Moines I found lots of favorite places in the city. It's great fun to get to spend time in those places when I visit Dale.

No comments: