Sunday, August 5, 2012

Helping Hands

 I have been very blessed to have lots of loving help with some summer projects. Jay had offered to bring over his long handled tree trimmer to get rid of some of the dead branches at the bottom of my pine tree.He got lots of wood down and hauled to the basketball court on Saturday. Although I had the two other pine trees removed, I allowed this one to remain and I just hate the mess that it makes. I cannot walk barefoot in my yard due to prickly branches and a few needles. This is a problem. I want to be barefoot. I am hoping that the removal of the dead wood will help.

I expected to take my time getting the dead wood cut and hauled away but Dale and Ashley helped me on Sunday. Dale cut most of the bigger pieces that required sawing but there were a few left when he went home. I knew I didn't have the muscle or the energy. (Long story about anemia but I won't go into it today.)I was so impressed with Ashley cutting through those branches. Lincoln was so happy to watch the work and see how strong his mommy really is. The three of us even made a trip to the brush dump with everything that did not fit into the bin that goes to the curb.
Last weekend Ashley and Travis came over and helped me with a few adjustments on my garage project. The weekend before that Dale helped me get the shelves and brackets hung. Mowgli does a good job of keeping us company, watching for danger and giving us smiles and affection. Lots of projects have gotten done this summer and I am incredibly grateful for the helping hands in my life! Who thought I would get much done in all of this heat and drought!

No comments: