Monday, September 3, 2012

Wisconsin Afternoon

 On Sunday Dale and I decided to head for Wisconsin. Typically I would make this trip in early October but since we had a long weekend we decided to go now. We knew that there would be very little if any fall color but thanks to the drought I am not expecting much color anyway. We stopped along the Mississippi for lunch then headed to Gays Mills for apple orchards and vineyards. I just love the smells!


Of course it was beautiful scenery. I love the rolling hills covered with trees and the bluffs along the river. The little farms along the way, the dairy cattle and the early fall crops made for a very pleasant drive. Of course one of the best reasons to get to Wisconsin was the fresh cheese curds! We came home with apples, cheese and full stomachs. It wasn't the usual October trip to the river but it certainly got me in the mood for fall, which isn't easy when it keeps getting up over 90 degrees!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Looks like a fun day! I want to go to Wisconsin this year. For scenery, great fruit n cheese! Love the pictures !