Saturday, September 11, 2010

Paddle Boating

We spent part of Saturday morning on Grays Lake and it was wonderful! I have been wanting to rent a paddle boat for a couple of years but we had not gotten around to doing it. I didn't want to go when it was too hot but September seemed like the perfect time. It had been years since I had been on a paddle boat but I remembered that it was some work and thought it would be a fun way to get some exercise and enjoy nature. It was breezy but just beautiful. I loved the water splashing on my legs and the sound of the waves, the wind and the trees. We pedaled plenty but we sat, relaxed and enjoyed the atmosphere some also. After working up a good appetite we headed to B & B Market for some of our favorite sandwiches to eat on a park bench. It was a wonderful way to being outdoors on a gorgeous September Saturday!

No comments: