Monday, September 6, 2010

Labor Day Weekend, Part Two

Sunday was another great day! After all the activity we could have relaxed but there were fun things to do. We had a couple of I-Cubs tickets that a friend had shared with me and didn't want to waste the gift so we headed back to Principal Park on Sunday afternoon hoping to see the I-Cubs clench their division. We stayed until the bottom of the twelfth inning when we finally had to leave to make it to the rodeo on time. We listened on the radio and heard that our team lost the game in the fifteenth inning. It's a good thing that we left but it was a very nice day at the ball park with short sleeves and a breeze. Dale took lots of photos and I borrowed this shot. I love the reflection in the sunglasses and it is very much like my first blog post.

Dale and I have become regulars at the Dayton Rodeo on Labor Day weekend. We usually go to the afternoon event but since the Monday forecast was 89 degrees, I wanted to go on Sunday evening and see the rodeo under the lights. It rained on the way there and it rained on us a couple of times as we sat in the bleachers but it ended up being a great night bucking broncos, bulls and all sorts of events, cowboys and animals. It was a fun day even if we got home past my bedtime. It's a good thing that I still have Monday to relax!

No comments: