Thursday, September 2, 2010

August Ends!

Ashley was here to visit the last few days of August. It was a great way to end my least favorite month. We had lots of good pool time and found a perfect afternoon for a patio lunch. We had some excellent Thai food and some very yummy Mexican as well as some pretty good meals at home! I knitted and she edited photos while we relaxed lots.

At the beginning of August I challenged myself to make some good things happen instead of just waiting for September to arrive. There was plenty of August heat but fortunately I did survive. I got my mammogram, annual physical and dental appointment completed this month. I decided to pump up my exercise also, planning to double up on my workouts some days. I succeeded by at least doubling my 30 minute workout fifteen days in August. My best accomplishment is the fact that I actually did exercise every single day this month! Half way through the month, I realized that I was on a roll and added the goal to work out every day in August. I know lots of people do that but I really don't enjoy exercise much so it was a stretch for me. I do enjoy the pool so that helped lots. I often went to the gym right after work knowing that I could head to the pool to swim afterward. Now it's September, just a few more available pool days. The temperatures are already changing. It's starting to feel like Fall.

1 comment:

Ashley Schrage said...

I don't look nearly as ghostly white on the computer screen.