Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Lights and Music


It seems like a quiet weekend before the flurry of Christmas. Since there is a snow storm forecasted for next week, the holiday may be very different than planned. But for now I am enjoying the season. Friday evening after a cozy oven dinner, Dale and I drove around looking at Christmas lights all over Des Moines. We saw some beautiful light displays downtown and in residential areas. Tonight I am looking forward to Tonic Sol-fa's Christmas concert. It's a men's a cappella group preforming at the Hoyt Sherman. Dale got tickets this week and I am so excited to listen to the music with him. I want to bake some cookies, color my hair and clean this weekend but it still feels like a quiet lull before the storm. I hope that the forecast changes so that we can travel safely celebrate Christmas with family as planned.

No comments: