Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

This is a photo from one of my first Christmas Eves. I thought about cropping the photo but decided that might detract from the "charm." My cousins and I do not seem thrilled about being stacked up on the couch at Grandma and Grandpa Wreghitt's farmhouse. I am the one in the pink dress with the bottle in my mouth. Some of my cousins still gather on Christmas Eve, but I do not get there very often. For many years I was with my in-laws on Christmas Eve then for years after that I was busy working at the church on that special evening. It's still a magical night for me even though I have not created a consistent tradition. This year if the weather cooperates I plan to go to a Christmas Eve worship service with a friend. (My kids are coming to celebrate the day after Christmas.) Family, gatherings, gifts and food are especially important this time year but it is most magical because of Jesus. The birth of the Christ child touches my heart and creates the value of this very special season.

No comments: