Monday, November 30, 2009

Holiday Weekend

It was a wonderful holiday weekend! After our feast in Mason City, Jay and Briana followed Dale and me back to Des Moines. On Thursday night we went to a Bucs hockey game. It was Jay and Briana's first time to Buccaneer arena but it wasn't a great game. We dug out our old wooden Chinese Checker game and had lots of fun. I was the champion of the two, three and four person versions which was pretty fun. . . for me! I sent it home with Jay so he could practice with Briana. Since we aren't big shoppers, Jay, Briana and I enjoyed a very relaxing Friday morning at home. Dale joined us later for our favorite burritos and a stroll around around the Des Moines sculpture park.


Ashley and Travis arrived later on Friday. We made lasagna . . . three kinds of lasagna. One with no veggies, one with no meat and one big one with everything! We played Apples to Apples and an amazing game of Jega with a very tippy tall tower.

As you well know, food is a very important part of our gatherings. Since our vacation in September I was anxious to make pumpkin french toast for Travis. I was going to make waffles for Jay, but I still cannot find my waffle iron. Has anybody seen it? It turns out that we were all pretty happy with the french toast so that worked well. I am going to find that waffle iron. It's got to be somewhere! Jay and I even checked in the storage garage and couldn't find it. Fortunately it was not a waste of time since we stumbled upon the Chinese Checkers game.

No comments: