Monday, November 2, 2009

Breakfast Options

Four years ago when my cholesterol levels elevated a bit from my previous excellent levels, I made some changes in my life. The changes paid off and my cholesterol improved again. One of the changes was breakfast. I learned to like oatmeal. At first I just tolerated it but then it did become a part of my routine and I ate oatmeal for breakfast 6-7 times a week. It was "real" oatmeal not the flavored sweetened packets. This summer I finally got very tired of my oatmeal and started eating cold cereal with milk again. I buy bananas and other fresh fruit and enjoy that in the cereal. Now that it's getting cold again, I may pull out my oatmeal and try to train my taste buds again. I have two huge containers of oatmeal so I better work on it!

No comments: