Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!

First I have to give Dale credit for the photo. He got out the camera to document the New Year's Eve meal. I had never made jambalaya from scratch. It sounded good and like something that would be fun to cook together, so I found a recipe and we worked together. We started out the evening early with a Drake men's basketball game. It was a fun game and Drake won. Then we headed to the grocery store to purchase ingredients. There was lots of chopping and slicing vegetables and sausage. We did substitute the craw fish tails with small shrimp, which is acceptable especially in Iowa. We put on some music, cooked, sipped wine and relaxed. The jambalaya was good, but enough for six more people. After dinner we got out the raspberry chocolate from Chocolaterie Stam that Santa had left in my stocking. It was a wonderful New Year's Eve and I didn't have to stay up till midnight!

No comments: