Saturday, January 17, 2009

Our First Dog Show

Mowgli and I both experienced our first dog show today. He was a participant and I was a spectator. We both did very well! I was very proud of my grandpuppy who won a first place ribbon. Ok, so he was the only Canaan in the puppy category, but it's still a blue ribbon.

I was pretty excited about the opportunity for people watching and I was not disappointed. It was like a beauty salon for dogs. The owners were busy with blow dryers, powders, brushes, combs, hairspray and ribbons. Some of the cuts on the poodles must have been embarrassing to the male dogs in particular. I did try to get some photos but the action and the lighting did not serve me well. This is Mowgli hanging out with us while we waited for his breeder to be ready for him. It's actually the breeder who shows him. We just showed up to watch. I learned lots about the different breeds from my friend, Tammy. We enjoyed the people watching and saw some gorgeous dogs and some interesting (weird-looking) dogs as well. It was a fun event. I hope Dale and Ashley got better photos.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is sounds so fun!!

Anonymous said...

It sounds like how I got one of my swimming ribbons.

Ashley Schrage said...

I'm so glad you were there for Mowgli's first dog show!