Friday, January 16, 2009

Friday Quilting

Remember the fabric that Ashley and I purchased and cut about a month ago? We have a goal: two tree skirts in 11 months. I have made some headway on the project and I am anxious to show Ashley when she arrives tonight.

I know very little about quilting but fortunately I have some good advisers. They are over 100 miles away, so the advice comes over the phone. I am working at this one step at a time. Right now I am sewing together the small squares to make two large squares. I will figure out the next step after I finish this one.

Today was my day off so I had the luxury of staying home till noon when the temperatures were above zero! I stayed in my robe and quilted then left home for a burrito lunch with a girlfriend. It's a good start to the weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful fabric...a family heirloom in the making. One day, one of your grandkids will place this skirt under their tree, and tell their kids, "your grandma made this and I remember laying on it and gazing up at the ornaments when I was a little person". Then, they will show the children how to look up into the tree. You will be watching, from some vantage point, and this will make you very happy.

Anonymous said...

So sorry, that was from me.