Sunday, September 16, 2012

Cattle Congress

It has been years since I attended National Cattle Congress in Waterloo. I think I took the kids once when we first moved but "fairs" are never my favorite thing. Yes, there were plenty of cattle and a big carnival, but we found lots of other things there on Saturday too.

 I was especially looking forward to the PRC Rodeo and I was not disappointed. It was indoors so we couldn't get good photos but I did appreciate the shade. It was good rodeo and fun entertainment.
 After the rodeo Dale and I walked over to our very first Motocross race...ever! It was fast pace, fun and a little scary. There were adults and little kids racing (in separate races.) Paramedics were called out twice while we watched for just 30-40 minutes but they only had to carry one off the track. It doesn't look like a safe sport but the participants were certainly having fun and we had fun watching too. This probably will not be my last motocross event. I really enjoyed Cattle Congress. . .more than I expected. I will go back next year too.

No comments: