Thursday, May 17, 2012

What's Up in Mid-May

 I think that my kitchen garden is starting to look like a garden. There is good growth happening daily. I thinned the lettuce and spinach tonight but will need to thin it lots more. It's just so hard to pull out and throw healthy plants! The broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower are getting bigger but they all look the same. It's a good thing that I used some garden markers. My rows of red onion, garlic, green onion and carrots are not perfectly straight but they are growing. I added another row of carrots tonight so that I could have a longer season. I have added peppers, tomatoes, herbs and a couple of potatoes as well as more garlic and onion. I am still enjoying this project. If it feels too much like work, I will make a new plan for next year.

No comments: