Saturday, May 19, 2012

Fourth Grade

For the last couple of months I have been spending most of my days in fourth grade. In March I decided to take a job as a paraeducator at the elementary school where my kids attended. It's been a great experience and I have learned lots. I so enjoy the children and they have been so welcoming. The teachers that I work closely with have been wonderful; so helpful and encouraging. Although it will not be long term I am grateful for the opportunity. I learned that I love fourth grade social studies, that math is much different, that I enjoy recess and I miss saying the Pledge of Allegiance in the mornings. It's been great to be back near children's literature. I even reread "Box Car Children" when I recommended it to one student. I will miss these kids when the school year ends.  I wonder if my next job will allow for 15 minute recesses three times a day?

No comments: