Saturday, May 12, 2012

Landing?

My front yard is a mess. It looks like a UFO landing out front because of the huge round patch of dirt. The pine tree was cut down shortly after I moved here. Travis removed the block around the tree and raised bed and removed some of the dirt. The tree guys came back this spring to remove the stump. Since then I have been gradually working to spread out the dirt and make it somewhat even and smooth before attempting to seed with grass. I didn't make it too flat because I know it will sink but I finally got it good enough to spread grass seed on Thursday. Now I just need to apply water regularly and hope to get grass. I did make a call to check out getting professional help but that did not seem worth the $500 estimate! Maybe the yard will look good next year, especially if I get rid of those green shutters!

No comments: