Friday, February 17, 2012

Village

It does sound cliche but it really does "take a village." Yesterday was a peek into Lincoln's village for me. He went to his first hockey game to watch cousin, Jake and the Mason City Mohawks and was surrounded by family. Cousins (maybe second cousins) Aunt and Uncle (well, Great Aunt and Uncle) and Great Grandparents were all happy to see him and he got lots of loving attention. In the afternoon Lincoln was the guest of honor at a baby shower with Ashley's Bible study friends from last year. Eddie has been praying for Lincoln for years. . .yes, years before he was even born. All the ladies enjoyed their time holding and getting to know Lincoln. All this reminded me of how much I loved having people of ages involved with my children. There is so much to learn and so much love to give. I am thinking that Lincoln will have a wonderful village filled with family and friends!

No comments: