Saturday, February 25, 2012

Two Inch Squares

I am making slow progress on my scrappy patchwork quilt but enjoying it every step of the way. All 900 little squares have been attached to a block of 100 squares. I now have nine squares laying on my living room floor while I make the final decision about sewing those into one big square that will be 60 x60 inches. Then I will be done with the top and ready to work on the batting, backing and quilting. It will take time but I will have fun with it and know that it is filled with wonderful memories, some attached to the specific fabrics and others to this chapter of contentment in my life. I only work on it when it feels fun. If it's a chore then I turn off the light in the sewing room and walk away until it looks like fun again!

No comments: