Monday, August 29, 2011

Yarn Shopping

I have never gone yarn shopping like I did on Saturday! I have never spent so much money on yarn and never ever bought for three of four projects at once but it was very fun. I love Crazy Girl Yarn Shop and waited to get yarn for a new striped blanket project until I was able to get to Cedar Falls. I also wanted Ashley to help me with color selection. When we walked in the door I spotted a tub of some of my favorite yarns that were marked down almost half price. I have been considering a quilted looking blanket for myself for a year and it seemed like the perfect time to pick up some colors that I wanted for this very random, somewhat stained glass look that I want to achieve. I also realized that I have one more Christmas stocking to make this year so I grabbed more red. It was fun to carry a full shopping bag of yarn down Main Street to our patio lunch. I had to photograph this huge purchase because I know that Kymm and Jill will never believe that I have so much stash!


3 comments:

Jill said...

I am soooo proud of you!!! Have fun knitting Linda!

Kymm said...

You have a stash! Welcome to the club!

Ashley Schrage said...

i'm excited to see everything come together!