Saturday, August 13, 2011

Crafty Weekend

I had the best time with Jill last weekend. Thursday night I called to see if I could come visit and she said yes. Finishing my quilt that I started years ago was one of the main reasons. (More about the quilt another day.) She agreed to help me with the quilt and give me a refresher course in crocheting. We got lots done but mostly we had fun! We did a photo shoot of some of her projects and took care of the chickens together. A highlight of the weekend was feeding the chickens in our nightgowns early on Saturday morning. Grandma Stone would be proud.



Jill drug her sewing machine downstairs and we worked hard...for hours and hours. I picked up on the crocheting pretty quickly and finished this baby hat. Izzie's doll made a good model. I even made a couple of crocheted newborn nests for photo shoots. It was productive and lots of fun. I think this should be an annual event but next time we need some ric-rac too!




No comments: