Thursday, August 4, 2011

Paint Project

This is my new project and it has occupied my evenings most of the week!

These little white chairs were in Ashley's childhood bedroom. She and her dad painted them together about twenty-five years ago and she has used them for photo shoots the last couple of years also.

She wants to use them in the baby's room and we both thought it was a great idea to brighten them up a bit. Last weekend Ashley was in Des Moines and we went paint shopping after the bedding shopping. I happily offered to do the painting.


I guess I had forgotten about streaks and drips. I had forgotten that it was more challenging to paint a little chair with spindles than a big flat wall. I sanded, primed, painted, sanded drips and painted again. I still need at least one more coat but I am really enjoying the project. It may be partially because it's been a long time since I did any painting but I think its mostly because it's for my grandbaby!

2 comments:

Ashley Schrage said...

I can't believe you've been working on them and haven't mentioned anything! I'm so excited :)

sandi said...

How exciting, looks like a lot of work!!