Monday, May 23, 2011

Today

Spending time outdoors can be medicinal for me at times. Today as I struggled with my grief I took a break from work to walk outside. I think I can quiet my thoughts and the world around me better when I am near nature. I am incredibly sad about Randy's death and feel exhausted from grieving. I know the facts and have the knowledge but this is my heart and it feels different. Working at hospice surrounds me with people who are understanding and that has been quite a blessing. I have not yet seen family members but have spent many hours on the phone with family and good friends. It will be good to get together with family soon to hug each other and celebrate Randy's life.

1 comment:

Be ky said...

This picture makes me long for Iowa... Lilacs are one of the things I miss most about spring in California... You can get them here for about $40 a bunch (imported from Washington state). I miss going in the backyard and picking a huge bunch... Enough to fill the room with that wonderful fragrance ...

I feel your sadness about Randy, and think of you often... Sending positive thoughts your way...