Sunday, November 28, 2010

Kris Kringle Trees

Sometimes I wonder if my kids will appreciate the traditions and understand the value that I saw in our family activities. Saturday I had a wonderful opportunity to see Jay convey that appreciation and tradition to Briana. Jay was so excited to go out and cut down a live Christmas tree even though Briana would have enjoyed an artificial tree. I have grown to appreciate the value of an artificial tree but I do love the romance and tradition of the tree cutting.
After direction and instruction from Jay; Briana, Ashley and I set out to find a great tree. Jay started the sawing process then encouraged Briana to finish the sawing and share in his excitement. She did a great job and we all got into the project. Ashley and I were official photographers, passing the camera back and forth.

We headed back to the store and enjoyed cider, cookies and Santa while Jay and Briana's tree was shaken and bagged for transport. I am so glad that Jay invited us to go with them. It brought back wonderful memories and warmed my heart to see the tradition alive.

No comments: