Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cedar Valley Weekend

It was a wonderful weekend in the Cedar Valley. This was my first visit now that both of my kids live in that area. It was relaxing and it was fun. Even though it was quite hot Ashley and I spent quite a bit of time outside with Mowgli. We even did a little gardening at her house and a messy dog bath in the yard. Saturday we went to the Cedar Valley Arboretum which is a beautiful place. When I saw Mowgli standing at this pond watching the Koi I wanted to come back again with my camera to capture the image. Sunday before church Travis went with us for a trip back to the arboretum. After church we met up with Jay and Briana to have a family lunch. When everyone else went back to other activities Jay and I spent sometime exploring the area and finding things that he didn't know about or we may have forgotten after being gone for several years. The brush dump and the recycling center were probably the best finds. I loved spending the weekend with the kids. Now it's Monday morning and time to get back to work. I will never understand why we work five days and have just two days each week to play.

No comments: