Saturday, July 17, 2010

Cedar Valley Saturday

It's the middle of a wonderful weekend in the Cedar Valley. I came to visit Ashley and Travis for the weekend and it's been great. This "frappe vino" was served on the front porch by Travis on Friday evening after a wonderful dinner. It was a perfect July evening even cooling off enough to enjoy outdoors.

One of the motivators for visit was the College Hill Arts Festival. I always loved the event when I lived in Cedar Falls and it was fun to come back to it. We had a full morning before the festival too. Ashley had a photo shoot early so I got my exercise by walking Mowgli. Then I headed out to catch up with a friend at Cup of Joes. There are so many places that I enjoy in the Cedar Valley!

We did spend some time exploring the area for photo shoot sites for Ashley. It was fun to find some fun places that we had explored more than fifteen years ago when my kids were little. Ashley made this wonderful pizza on the grill for lunch today. It was so yummy and perfect for a summer meal. The weekend is only half over and I look forward to the rest. Jay and Briana had lots of plans this weekend but we will make connections on Sunday.

No comments: