Saturday, May 8, 2010

Texas Events

In Texas we saw some great events.

I have enjoyed visits to Major League Baseball Parks throughout the country on my travels. When I met Dale I found out that he did the same thing with Nascar tracks. On this trip to Texas we were able to include one race, two baseball games and a rodeo.


Minute Maid Park in Houston was a fun ball park. The train high over the outfield was a great way to mark the home team home runs. That was the most unique thing about that ball park. Houston Astros played a good game against Florida. It was a beautiful evening so the roof was open and I enjoyed the game as I watched the sun set over the city. We didn't see much of Houston, this was our only stop in that city.





We saw the Texas Rangers play a great game against the Detroit Tigers. Rangers Ballpark in Arlington was more enclosed on the sides than many of the parks that I have seen. There wasn't a view of the city but it didn't matter because it was a very interesting game. We even stayed for the fireworks after the game. I think we will have good memories of both ballparks.









Our trip timing was based on the Nascar race held at Texas Motor Speedway. The forecast did not look good and we ended up experiencing our first rain delay. We traveled to the track on Saturday and spent a couple of hours under the bleachers due to a continual rain. The race was postponed to the next day so we found some fun in Ft. Worth, then headed back to the track to see the race on Monday.


I was very excited to see a real Texas Rodeo. We got lucky to find that the Real Texas Festival was being held in conjunction with the Mesquite Rodeo while we were in Texas. Dale and I had been to several rodeos in Iowa and were pleased to see that the Texas rodeo was very similar. It was a fun evening in Texas and we were pleased to see that Rodeo is good in Iowa or in Texas.
I still have some more vacation photos and plan to post them soon, probably mixed with current posts also!

No comments: