Saturday, May 8, 2010

Farmer's Market Season Openers

My favorite farmer's markets
opened for the season this week.
I always love the event; the music, sights, sounds, smells and the people. On Thursday Dale and I got some amazing flax seed bread and some very fresh asparagus at the Farmer's Market in Valley Junction. Those purchases created this wonderful Saturday lunch along with some fresh mozzarella from Graziano's, one of my new favorite markets.

Last Saturday Ashley, Travis and Mowgli went with us to the Downtown Farmer's Market along with thousands of other people. I love the market and the music. We got some very tasty things but the crowd made it hard to move around. It was opening day and the weather was perfect so lots of people came. I took this photo when we took a short walk downtown to get a break from the crowds at the farmer's market. It was fun to take Ashley and Travis to the farmer's market and it fit in well with our dog friendly weekend.

No comments: