Thursday, April 8, 2010

Last Week

Last week was wonderful with visits from both of my kids! Ashley was in town for two nights during the work week. I took one day off and we had lots of time to hang out, shop, eat and enjoy the perfect weather. We went for some walks and to the gym. She was registered for a photography seminar and because her friend ended up home with a sick babe, I was Ashley's partner for the seminar which was very fun.

The day that Ashley left Jay and Briana arrived for two nights. We
had a great time hanging out at the house and exploring new places. The photos are from our Saturday trip to the zoo. After the zoo we played a few holes on a disc golf course that was new to us. Jay got to try two foods from our list of 100 things to eat in Iowa, Claxon's ribs and Tasty Tacos! All four of us also made a trip to the gym. It was fun to learn some things from Jay's experience at the gym.
It was wonderful to have the kids around the house for several days. Having family in the house is one of my very favorite things. I love waking up in the morning and remembering that the kids are here! Jay and Briana brought birthday gifts too and that is always fun. I have to admit that it felt awfully quiet around here when the visits were over but the sheets are clean and I am ready for the next visits!

No comments: