Wednesday, April 14, 2010

April in Iowa

It's absolutely gorgeous in Iowa this week! We have had enough sunshine and warmth to open many blossoms. The daffodils have been just perfect the last couple of weeks. After the warmth this weekend the magnolias and many tulips have come to a full bloom. The magnolias smell wonderful and my favorite place for a magnolia fix is the Drake University campus. Tulips are my favorite flowers of all and the best tulip beds in town are blooming this week. Last week when I drove past Anderson Erickson dairy the tulips were all closed but after a perfect weekend, the flowers were opening quickly on Monday. This is just the most gorgeous time of the year. Well, this and October are my favorites! So although I am very excited, I am asking myself why we would leave Iowa for a vacation this week. It's so beautiful here! Of course I am looking forward to exploring new areas on vacation and plan to take lots of photographs of all sorts of beautiful places and things.


No comments: