Monday, February 15, 2010

New Eyes

I had a to-do list for January. I was behind schedule and had been procrastinating on several things. They were appointments that took time and I was putting it off. So I told myself that I had to make appointments for my routine dental exam, hair cut and an over due eye exam in the month of January. That was enough to get me moving and I did make all those appointments and the follow ups as well. This week I picked up my new glasses with the new prescription. They have more correction than I have had in the past and are also my first progressive bifocals. This is quite an adjustment. Getting used to glasses on my face is a big adjustment also. I always pull my glasses off as soon as I don't need them to read. Now I think it's time to get used to them. I tried to find the most comfortable lenses but they do feel heavy to me. I don't even like wearing heavy necklaces or earrings! The plastic lenses seemed more comfortable to me with my reading glasses so I looked for those. I also wanted a big enough lens to allow for more area for my bifocal. After having perfect vision for 45 years it is taking me some time to make this change. Getting older does require some adjustments and I will make this one work!

No comments: