Saturday, February 13, 2010

Joining a Gym

Not only did a join a gym but I am actually going! Dale and I joined Anytime Fitness together last week. We had talked about it and heard lots from Jay who works at the Mason City Anytime Fitness. It seemed like the right fit for us. It was certainly the right time for us. I had become even more sedentary this winter. After my frozen shoulder I had quit doing my arm and shoulder exercises. The idea of having access to weight machines for strengthening was very appealing to me. I also use the bikes and treadmills for the cardio workout but look forward to the strengthening of the weight machines. There is a gym very close to my home and another one close to Dale's home also. We mostly go together but this gives us more options. When Spring arrives it will be easy for me to walk the mile to the gym, use the weight machines then walk back home. I typically dislike exercising inside but might offer a good blend. This is a commitment and I am planning to stay with it. Maybe blogging about it helps with the accountability. I want to have strong muscles especially as I age. Seems like I think about some of those things more often now that I am fifty.

No comments: