Monday, October 5, 2009

Knitting Big


This is my biggest knitting project ever! I have made prayer shawls with three skeins of yarn but this new project should require about fifteen skeins and uses smaller knitting needles. I am making a blanket for Ashley to use for her newborn baby shoots. She wanted a knitted texture in a neutral color. I love the idea of helping her with the photography so I decided to tackle the project. The plan is for the finished project to be about a sixty inch square. It's taking me about 16 minutes a row and I have about 14 inches done. I have started the fourth skein. Although I have six more, I am still searching for more in the right dye lot. It's going to take weeks (and weeks) but it's still fun. Now I wonder how I will find time to finish the quilted Christmas tree skirts that Ashley and I started in January!

2 comments:

Ashley Schrage said...

i feel bad this is such a big project... i didn't realize. but i am excited to get to use it!

Jill said...

Wow, this is great! Sure wish we could set and knit together more often. I really miss not being closer to each other.

Love Jill